Spørsmål om batch sparge.

Hei.

Jeg har lenge vært i den tro at jeg har brukt batch sparge metoden rett, men nå tviler jeg litt.

Jeg har brukt like mengder vann til mesking og skylling. Mesket inn malt med 18 liter vann. Latt mesken stå på 66 grader i en time. Tappet ut vørter. Tilført nye 18 liter vann som holder 75 grader. Rørt godt, latt stå i 15 min og tappet igjen. ja, og jeg har resirkulert noen liter før hver tapping. Er dette en noenlunde god måte å gjøre det på? Ser ihvertfall av mange amerikanske bryggere på youtube at dette er rett metode.

Når jeg setter beersmith til batch sparge sier den at jeg skal skylle med f.eks 4,4 liter i fem omganger. Det gjør jeg ikke, burde jeg det og skal jeg da røre mellom hver gang?

Noen av dere som kan gi meg en bedre beskrivelse av rett metode for batch sparge?

Innstillingene for Batch Sparge i Beersmith er ikke akkurat intuitive.
Du finner ut av det ved 2-3 dagers googling :)

Denne guiden om Batch Sparging er fin:
http://www.bryggselv.no/products/hvordan-brygge-allgrain-guide

Her er to tips som fikk meg videre i Beersmith:
1)
Beersmith batch sparge:
Provided your mash tun is big enough follow this:

Select the "Mash details" tab
Find the edit "tick" beside the Mash profile "button"
A new form opens
Tick "Batch sparge using ....."
and tick "Use equal batch sizes"

This will alter the current profile but you can create your own profile

Profiles >> Mash >> Add Mash

Name it, save it and then you can use that from now on.

Do allow about 5% more grain the first time you use this method as you may have slightly less efficiency compared to fly sparging. Or on your beer software set the efficiency to about 72% instead of 75% and the program will tell you the malt bill you need to reach your specific gravity.

2)
To clarify, there are 4 "batch sparge options" that control how the batch sparge is to be conducted.

1. "Batch sparge..." checkbox
2. "...using batches that fill" value field.
3. "Use equal batch sizes" checkbox
4. "Drain mash-tun before sparging"

#1 is required to select batch-sparging.

#2 determines how much of the mash tun to fill when calculating the maximum sparge volume. 90% is a commonly used (and default) value so that you have room to stir.

#3 will force beersmith to divide the sparges into "exactly" equal sizes. This may result in an extra sparge step, but maximizes the efficiency of the sparge. Its a small difference that might not be worth the extra time required for the extra step.

#4 causes beersmith to do what the option says. Without this checked the first sparge step will add more water to the existing mash before draining the entire MLT. I don't know the reason one might NOT drain first, but I'm sure some people do it that way. Hence the option.

My normal settings are:

#1 checked
#2 90%
#3 checked...although I frequently uncheck to see the difference.
#4 checked.

Tilbake
Topp