Smoked porter, is it a porter or a smoked beer? (according to norbryggs øltyper)

Bekklager, min norsk er ganske dårlig, så jeg må snakke engelsk.
Responses in norwegian are A-OK.

Thinking ahead to the homebrewing competition in the spring, I want to enter a beer I brewed for Christmas.
It is a smoked porter that I made to be paired with pinnekjøtt. I really like this beer and would love to submit for the competition
but under the beer definition for  smoked beer it would be too dark and roasty.
under the definition of porter it would be too smoky. In the states there is a category that is special smoked beer that this beer would fit into.

So what would you fellas do? submit it under smoked beer, porter, or don't submit it at all?
The smoked character is up front and the strongest characteristic of the beer, and it was brewed with california lager yeast so technically it is a lager, so I'm leaning towards the Rauchbier category, just want a 2nd, 3rd or 4th opinion to feel better about this decision.
Cheers!
Matt

I would enter a smoked porter as 4.N (other dark ales) and specify it as "smoked porter". The smoked beer category (2.G Rauchbier) should only be used for smoked lagers similar to the rauchbiers of Bamberg.

No. That is not coming up at all sites, but when you fill in the form for entry it's there.
http://norbrygg.no/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=525&Itemid=36

Tilbake
Topp