Hjelp til identifisering av smak, metallisk

Kjøpte en flaske med Hod fra Ægir, og det var en smak i den som fullstendig dominerte, en særs metallisk smak, nærmest som å legge tunga på et 9Volts-batteri. Er det nokon som veit kva denne smaken kjem frå?

Har forøvrig kjent noe av det samme i øl som Sol og Amstel, men langt ifra så mye som i Hod.

Metallic
Metallic flavors are usually caused by unprotected metals dissolving into the wort but can also be caused by the hydrolysis of lipids in poorly stored malts. Iron and aluminum can cause metallic flavors leaching into the wort during the boil. The small amount could be considered to be nutritional if it weren't for the bad taste. Nicks and cracks ceramic coated steel pots are a common cause as are high iron levels in well water. Stainless steel pots will not contribute any metallic flavors. Aluminum pots usually won't cause metallic flavors unless the brewing water is alkaline with a pH level greater than 9. Shiny new aluminum pots will sometimes turn black when boiling water due to chlorine and carbonates in the water.

The protective (grayish) oxides of aluminum can be enhanced by heating the clean pot in a dry oven at 250°F for about 6 hours.​

http://howtobrew.com/book/section-4/is-my-beer-ruined/common-off-flavors

Selv om det sikkert ikke er tilfelle her, har jeg noen ganger opplevd metallisk smak på grunn av spesiell mat jeg har spist. Noe i maten kombinert med et ellers godt øl, kan gi uventede virkninger.

Some beers develop an unpleasant metallic flavor as they age. This seems to be independent of beer color. This flavor is often most prominent when the head of the beer is sampled, and if it is not too strong, it seems to fade as the beer breathes. This is most likely due to the tongue becoming accustomed to the flavor and ceasing to respond to it.

Tilbake
Topp