Caso Pro 3500 has only 3000 watts

Hi All,

I have a Caso Pro 3500 induction hob. When I measured, it only worked on 3000 watts. Is it normal?
The wires in the wall are 1.5mm, so it should keep 15 amper, but when I measured, it's only 12-13...
Unfortunately because of this, my 50L kettle can not reach 100 Celsius because that 500-600 watts are missing. Do you have an idea?
As I see this hob is pretty famous in this forum.
121148347_3362076260577924_5228697385384973522_n.jpg20211116_152302.jpg20211116_161952.jpg

Sist redigert:
I had about the same thing on a #2.5 circuit. Did never find out why this happened. Voltage on the circuit was on par when not being used, then dropped when used, but not enough to only pull 3xxx W.

I had about the same thing on a #2.5 circuit. Did never find out why this happened. Voltage on the circuit was on par when not being used, then dropped when used, but not enough to only pull 3xxx W.
Have you found a solution since then? Here the voltage was dropped only a few volts (232->228).

My solution was to add an additional heating element in the kettle https://www.bryggselv.no/strøm/101802/rustfri-dyppvarmer-speidel
This will of course need a separate electric circuit. The additional element is 3000 KW. The induction hob is used to supply additional 2000 KW to heat the wort quickly and is turned down to 1000KW to maintain a rolling boil once 100C is reached.
But then have you had the same issue like me? Is it normal? This is the max for Caso hobs?

But then have you had the same issue like me? Is it normal? This is the max for Caso hobs?
I have a Bryggselv hob and haven't measured the actual wattage. I brew 50 liters and in order to shorten the time to boiling I use the additional heater. Secondly the hop is not able to maintain a rolling boil on its own when cooking 50 - 60 liter wort.

Have you found a solution since then? Here the voltage was dropped only a few volts (232->228).
I never did find a solution to it, after som digging around I realized that the I'd might as well just accept it. Depending on how big kettle you use, isolating the kettle (or isolating it more) will have the same effect as having the more W available. But if you use a large kettle where you really need those 3.5kW with the kettle being already isolated, I guess that's where it stops.

What do you measure with ?. It is a bit complicated to measure power so cheap power meters I would not trust, then I trust the data provided for the device just as well.
Regardless, the voltage on devices must be equal to that required.

Tilbake
Topp