Trenger litt hjelp til å forstå en oppskrift

Hei

Skal lage oppskriften under fra http://byo.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=814:homebrew-nation&Itemid=167 men er litt usikker på maltmenger i forhold til "allgrain" option + hva de forskjellige malttypene faktisk er slik at jeg kan lage en liste til bryggselv over hva jeg faktisk trenger.

Kan noen ta en titt å hjelpe meg? det er f.eks noe 2-row malt fra før, men man skal bytte ut ekstrakten med x antall kilo 2 row. Kommer det da i tillegg til det man har fra før f.eks?

Tusen takk for hjelpen

Replicator

Dear Replicator,
Several years ago, upon her return home to Pennsylvania, my mother brought me back a six pack of Blue Paw Wheat Ale from the Sea Dog Brewing Company in Maine. To be honest, I wasn’t sure how I would like the beer at first. But, this beer was absolutely delicious and the six pack didn’t last long at all. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a place to purchase this beer locally. I’ve tried on several occasions to clone this recipe but haven’t had any success. I would really appreciate your help on cloning this great beer.
Matt Hearn • Alexandria, Pennsylvania

You are in luck on several counts. The good folks at Sea Dog Brewing were very helpful and flattered with the interest. I was able to reach Jason Silevinac, the brew house manager, and he was very happy to discuss the details of this beer. Jason started like many of us with no formal brewing education. He was exposed to the joy of brewing while working as a cook at Gritty McDuff’s Brewpub. Beer production began to intrigue him. He landed a job at Sea Dog Brewing and worked his way up from the bottom as a keg washer and apprentice. That was six years ago and he now oversees all brew house operations.
Jason says that Blue Paw Wheat Ale has been a mainstay beer for them for many years. He describes it as a dry American Wheat Ale with a pronounced blueberry finish. It is a relatively simple beer with some unique characteristics. Jason reports that it is very important that a fairly low finishing gravity be achieved in order to accentuate the berry profile. He also recommends a cool, slow fermentation to reduce the production of unwanted esters. Their use of British ale yeast is decidedly unusual for the style, but this allows them to maintain just one “house” yeast.
The blueberry flavor is imparted by using berry extract instead of whole fruit. This is added at the end of fermentation. Jason reports that their brewery layout does not lend itself to having real berries present as lambic beers are not part of their future plans. Finally, he doesn’t recommend any finishing hop addition to compete with that wonderful berry aroma.
For further information visit the Website www.seadogbrewing.com. Or, you could call them up at (207) 761-0807.

Sea Dog Brewing Company
Blue Paw Wheat Ale

(5 Gallons/ 19 L extract-with-grain)
OG = 1.050 FG = 1.012
IBUs = 20 SRM = 6 (with slight blue tint)
ABV = 5.0 %

Ingredients
6.6 lbs. (3.0 kg) Muntons unhopped
wheat malt extract (50% wheat)
12 oz. (0.34 kg) 2-row pale malt
4 oz. (0.11 kg) wheat malt
2 oz. (57g) Munich malt
0.5 tsp. yeast nutrient (25 min.)
4 AAU Hallertau hop pellets (60 min.)
(1 oz./28 g of 4.0% alpha acid)
2.5 AAU Willamette hop pellets (25 min.)
(0.5 oz /14 g of 5.0% alpha acid)
White Labs WLP005 (English Ale) or
Wyeast 1187 (Ringwood ale) yeast
2 oz. (57 mL) concentrated liquid
blueberry extract
0.75 cup (150g) of corn sugar
(for priming)

Step by Step
Steep the 3 crushed grains in 3 gallons (11.4L) of water at 155º F (68ºC) for 30 minutes. Remove grains from the wort, add the liquid extract and bring to a boil. Add the first addition of Hallertau hops and boil for 60 minutes. During the boil, use this time to thoroughly sanitize a fermenter. Add the second addition of Willamette hops and yeast nutrient for the last 25 minutes of the boil. Now add the wort to 2 gallons (7.6L) of cold water in a sanitized fermenter and top off with cold water up to 5 gallons (22.7L).
Cool the wort to 75º F (24º C). Pitch your yeast and aerate the wort heavily. Allow the beer to cool over the next few hours to 66º F (19º C) and hold at this temperature until the beer has finished fermenting. Transfer to a carboy and add the berry extract while stirring very slowly. This is to avoid aerating the beer. Condition for 1 week and then bottle or keg. Allow to carbonate for 2 weeks and enjoy!

All-grain option:
This is a single step infusion mash. Replace the malt syrup with 6.5 lbs. (~3 kg) 2-row pale malt. Increase the wheat malt to 3.5 lbs. (1.6 kg) and the Munich malt to 4 oz. (0.11 kg). Mix the 3 crushed grains with 3.2 gallons (13.3 L) of 168 °F (76 °C) water to stabilize at
152 ºF (67 ºC) for 60 minutes. Sparge slowly with 175 ºF (79 ºC) water.
Collect approximately 6 gallons
(23 L) of wort runoff to boil for 60 minutes. Reduce the first addition (60 minute) of Hallertau hops to 4.0 AAU (0.75 oz./21 g) due to the higher utilization factor for a full wort boil. The remainder of this recipe is the same as the extract recipe.
Note: to help prevent a stuck run off add 4 ozs. (0.11 kg) rice hulls to the bottom of your mash tun prior to adding grains and water.

Er det ikkje berre å følge prosedyren under "all-grain option"? Her er vel mengdene justert ift meskeeffektivitet på rundt 70-75% tippar eg. Alså droppe dei ekstra gramma med pale i enstraktoppskrifta.

Da blir det altså sånn her:

6.5 lbs. (~3 kg) 2-row pale malt.
3,5 lbs. (1.6. kg) wheat malt
4 oz. (110g) Munich malt
0.5 tsp. yeast nutrient (25 min.)
4 AAU Hallertau hop pellets (60 min.)
(0,75 oz./21 g of 4.0% alpha acid)
2.5 AAU Willamette hop pellets (25 min.)
(0.5 oz /14 g of 5.0% alpha acid)
White Labs WLP005 (English Ale) or
Wyeast 1187 (Ringwood ale) yeast
2 oz. (57 mL) concentrated liquid
blueberry extract
0.75 cup (150g) of corn sugar
(for priming)

Meske på 60 min med inngangstemperatur 76 grader, stabiliserer seg på 67 (13,3 liter vann)
Skyll med 79 graders vann slik at man ender opp med 22,7liter før kok?

Sounds good?

Heilt sikkert bra. Du må ta høgde for din avdamping og alfasyreinnhold på den humla du har for å få lik OG og IBU. Om du må ha akkurat 76 grader på meskevatnet avhenger av ditt bryggeri og skolevatnet må ikkje vere akkurat 79 grader. 75-80 går bra.

Mesking i 60min på 67gr. Innmesk med 76gr vann høres veldig høyt, selv så foretrekker å legge meg litt lavere slik at jeg kan justere meske temp litt opp etter innmeskingen. Legger forøvrig maltposen på gulvet (varmekabler) et par timer slik at malten får en temp på 20-25gr før innmesk...

Er gjæren fersk så trenger du bare en pakke. Det er en lav OG det der.

Enig med Terje J. 10 grader strike temperatur over target høres for varmt ut. Tror jeg ville lagt meg nærmere 7 grader over, men ikke mer. Det er lettere å varme opp enn å kjøle ned mesken hvis du kan varme den opp.

Tilbake
Topp