Brett versjon av Tank 7.

Daggis

Norbrygg-medlem
Hei karer jeg trenger litt innspill. Etter å ha smakt og lagret opp med Boulevards Brett Saison så har jeg lyst til å forsøke meg på noe liknende basert på Tank7 oppskrift fra egen tråd her på forumet (sorry, men gidder ikke tulle med linking). Bør jeg gå for Brett allerede i primærgjæring eller tilsette ved sekundær? Om tilsetting ved sekundær hvordan sikre homogen tilsats?

Boulevard såvidt jeg husker (har en mailkorrespondanse) tilsetter brett ved flasking rett på flasker til det som frem til da er Tank7 ølet sitt.

Det letteste er vel å blande ut brett i en gitt mengde vørter, og så dosere ml med en sprøyte på hver flaske?

Tank 7 har ikke brett. Det har vært sjekket av flere. Det er Brett Saison som har brett. Kanskje jeg får sende en epost.

Boulevard såvidt jeg husker (har en mailkorrespondanse) tilsetter brett ved flasking rett på flasker til det som frem til da er Tank7 ølet sitt.

Det letteste er vel å blande ut brett i en gitt mengde vørter, og så dosere ml med en sprøyte på hver flaske?
Sorry @Miguel leste feil i svaret for litt siden.

Dette er et utdrag fra min mailkorrespondanse jeg hadde med de sent 2014. Mine spørsmål/tekst er i skråskrift.

Thanks for your great reply!

Since you seem to be so open about your saisons, is it possible to ask for the recipes too?

Tank 7

Malts

Pale Malt 77.6%

Pre-gelatinized Corn Flakes 20%

Malted White Wheat 2.4%

We mash in at 63C and rest for 50 minutes. Heat up to 68C and rest for 25 minutes. Heat to 73C and rest for 15 minutes before mashing off at 75C.

Hops

Magnum 6.4 IBUs at 98C

Simcoe 7.1 IBUs at 15 minutes after beginning of boil

Amarillo 14.0 IBUs at 65 minutes after beginning of boil (or 5 minutes before end of boil)

Amarillo 9.6 IBUs in the whirlpool

We boil for 70 minutes so adjust these times accordingly based on the length of your boil. Target gravity at end of boil is 17.3 degrees Plato.

We cool the wort to 19C and pitch with our House Belgian Ale strain. We ferment at 21 C until we reach our final gravity of 2.2 degrees Plato.

Tank 7 is dry hopped with Amarillo at the rate of .078 kg per barrel two days out from filtration.

Saison-Brett

Malts

Pale Malt 77.6%

Pre-gelatinized Corn Flakes 20%

Malted White Wheat 2.4%

We mash in at 63C and rest for 50 minutes. Heat up to 68C and rest for 25 minutes. Heat to 73C and rest for 15 minutes before mashing off at 75C.

Hops

Magnum 6.4 IBUs at 98C

Simcoe 7.1 IBUs at 15 minutes after beginning of boil

Amarillo 14.0 IBUs at 65 minutes after beginning of boil (or 5 minutes before end of boil)

Amarillo 9.6 IBUs in the whirlpool

We boil for 70 minutes so adjust these times accordingly based on the length of your boil. Target gravity at end of boil is 17.3 degrees Plato.

We cool the wort to 19C and pitch with our House Belgian Ale strain. We ferment at 21 C until we reach our final gravity of 2.2 degrees Plato.

Saison-Brett is dry hopped with Amarillo at the rate of .078 kg per barrel two days out from filtration. We inoculate with brettanomyces when we bottle so we're bottle conditioning with it and a champagne yeast. We store the bottles warm for around 3 months until we start seeing noticeable brett character in the beer. At this point, we move the beer to our 50 degree cooler.

Ingredients and mash temps, and if you step mash, what's the rise time for the steps in your brewery? And what's your fermentation temps? Im especially curious about how you get that sliky mouthfeel in the Saison-Brett. It's like drinking silk, It didnt say wheat on the label, which was my initial thought, flaked wheat. Do you have a procedure for leaving starch behind after boil? If that's neccesary?

We’re not leaving any starch behind. We perform an iodine test before mashing off to ensure that all starch in the mash tun has been converted to sugar. See above in the recipe for mash and fermentation info.

I would never be able to replicate them, but my girlfriend is a celiak and every time I pop, smell and take the first sip of a Tank7 or the Saison I keep telling her "I wish you could taste this" (I cant't help it, it just comes out of my mouth), and she replies with "shut up and just make me one then". She can drink beers with clarity ferm added to them, so most of the tasty beers she can drink are made in-house. Do you think Clarity Ferm would work on this too, or is there some aspects I possibly wouldn't know of?

Both beers receive clarex dosing upon being transferred to the fermenter. We use it to help precipitate protein to avoid flakes/cloudiness in the bottle.

How do you inoculate the bottles with brett?

We make a slurry of brett in the morning of bottling and dose that to the bright tank from which we’re packaging the beer. We circulate for around 45 minutes to ensure even dispersal.

Would it be possible for me to just add it to my bottling carboy, with the carbonation sugars?

That should work.

And what's the pitch rate for this? Or just pitch the brett straight into one of my kegs?

We’re looking for 10,000 cells per ml.

You mentioned that you pitch brett into the Saison-Brett bottles, but what about the Tank7?

No. Tank 7 is not inoculated with brettanomyces. It’s a “clean beer”.

Tilbake
Topp