Kraftig nok pumpe til HERMS

My point exactly. Pumpene er laga av materialar so i utgangspunktet er OK, men skal ein ha næringsmiddelpumper med "godkjenning" må ein gjerne opp nokre prisklassar og kjøpe rustfrie pumper.

Jeg leste på et australsk forum at Iwaki der ikke anbefalte sine pumper til brygging (har dessverre ikke linken). Årsaken var at pumpehuset ikke var laget for å demonteres jevnlig, noe de så som et krav for å kunne brukes til næringsmidler. Derimot mente de at det ikke var noe fare for at plasten skulle slippe tungmetaller.

Men kjører man gjennom med pbw rett etter brygging, skulle det jo ikke være nødvendig å åpne pumpa særlig ofte.

Fant posten (aussiehomebrewer.com). Jeg ser at jeg husket feil om tungmetallene, dessverre:

I had a similar thought in December & contacted Iwaki. Here is the response:

Thanks for the enquiry.

The Iwaki MD series magnet drives pumps could certainly be used for the hot water duty, although would prove expensive compared to a more conventional style of pump. As for the Wort solution, I don't think so. None of our range are rated for Food Grade applications. For this they would need to have quick release casings and be constructed from highly polished Stainless Steel and have an smooth internal design such that no bacteria can collect and fester. Also they are required by law to have the FDA approval.

The MD series are plastic in construction and are designed essentially for pumping chemicals. I am aware of the March range, but not specifically the model you mention. Is it 'Food Grade'? Can you advise the flow rate and head specifications for your pumping requirements, or at least that of the pump you mentioned. Then we could size a compatible pump from our range and offer a price.

I then sent him the details of the 809 & received the following response:

Ok clearly you can see in the spec's that these March pumps are FDA approved and are designed for brewery applications. Unfortunately the Iwaki magnet drive pumps are not FDA approved and are not designed for brewery applications. Regrettably we are unable to help you with this application.

Kjenner du leverandører av slike som selger til privatkunder?
Tenker du dyre rustfrie? Vel, nei. Men eg har ei som eg kjøpte på ebay. March TE-5S. Og ei svær ei av ukjent merke med meierikoblingar som eg berga fra fyllinga.
Det kan være at brouwland eller morebeer.com har.

Tilbake
Topp